A Guide on Everything You Must Know About Dental Cleaning and Oral Hygiene
Oral hygiene determines if and whether your teeth and gums are healthy and disease free. The first few serious signs of a poor and improper dental care include the following.
- Bad breath
- Gum bleeding
- Pus formation around the gums
- Tooth sensitivity
- Toothache and moveable teeth
If you’re suffering from or have started experiencing any of these signs and symptoms, it is time that you seek a dentist for proper examination and cleaning.
Why is A Complete Examination Necessary?
It isn’t possible and/or wise to start any treatment without first evaluating what the problem is. Since most teeth disorders share the same signs like bleeding and swollen gums and bad breath, it is only a complete examination that can determine what the actual problem is. In case of a misjudgment, the problem can aggravate and lead to tooth decay as well as premature tooth fall.
What Are The Different Dental Treatments That Are of Most Value?
To begin with, dental cleaning services by clinics like Oracare dental cleaning are the starting points of maintaining a proper oral hygiene. Dental cleaning process involves the following steps.
- Flossing teeth for the removal of accumulated plaque.
- Cleaning with a powered electric brush.
- Mild flossing again to remove leftover scraps of tartar.
- Use of a fluoride solution for gargling and rinsing.
- Applying a fluoride gel on the teeth for about a minute before brushing it away.
By the end of the dental cleaning process, your teeth will be white, polished, and tartar free. They also become highly resistant against cavities. Which is why you must consider getting professional teeth cleaning done once in every 5-6 months. Besides the dental cleaning services, some other important treatments include the following.
- Root Canal Treatment – Root canal treatment is performed on patients suffering with a rotten tooth pulp. If not removed in time, the rotting flesh starts affecting the nearby tissues. It leads to the decaying of surrounding teeth as well. The treatment involves pulling out dead pulp and replacing it with a healthy rubbery substance.
- Dental Implantation – Dental implants are a form of artificial teeth that can be used to replace missing or rotten teeth. Implants have a metallic root and an abutment surface. The surface is cloaked with a substance known as crown that looks like teeth.
- Periodontal Treatment – Periodontal is a troubling gum disease that leads to bleeding, pain, bacteria infestation, swelling, inflammation, bone depletion, and also enamel erosion. Precisely, it can ruin your teeth, decay them, and lead to tooth fall. Thus, periodontal treatment, topical as well as surgical, is necessary.