You may be a sportsman or any software engineer, but foot problems can develop in anyone. There are injuries and breakdowns in the sports field while playing. Even while you are not doing anything pain and ligament strains can arise in your lower limb. So it is generalized which needs discussion in every aspect.
A good podiatrist can be your ultimate guide to help you come out of the problem. In this article, you will be described on the ways you can take care of your feet.
The factors that lead to ankle problems
The first and foremost thing that may arise in your mind is how the problem of ankle joint pain arises. There are pains of many kinds. Some may be due to short term and heal by themselves. It may not seem obvious to you to visit a clinic.
Some pains can be long-term and cannot of healed with self-care. They may accelerate the pain in the coming days. This is the time you seek a health professional. You can also visit a leading Podiatrist in Orange County like Dr Sima Soltani to seek proper guidance.
They provide special care to each of their patients and try to recommend more preventive care options. There can be several reasons behind long-term pain which are mostly ignored. They are-
- Osteoarthritis – joint pain due to aging. Mostly observed in women at the age of 50 years after menopause.
- Inflammatory arthritis – can be seen in old age due to wastage of joints.
- Poor blood circulation due to the deposit of cholesterol in blood vessels.
- Nerve damage due to accidents or falls.
- Wearing high heels with pointed ends or frequently changing from heels to flats.
Self-care tips to protect from ankle problems
Many of the short-term pain arises due to soft tissue injuries. They can be treated at home in a few days to months with the help of taking Paracetamol and pain-relieving gels. There are also ways to ensure the longevity of your ankle joints. They are-
- Warm-up routine- if you are a sports person, then you must be aware of the importance of warm-up before playing. This will start your metabolism before suddenly rising to heights.
- Workout your legs and ankles for minutes. Take care you give attention to your glutes, hamstrings, and calf muscles. Yoga can also be added to the list.
- Try wearing fitting shoes. This will not stress your ankles while running and walking. If you are not sure what to wear on regular or special occasions such that they don’t affect your ankle, you can visit Dr. Sima Soltani, an experienced Podiatrist Orange County to seek professional guidance.
- Take appropriate rest between exercise sessions. This will help your body dissolve the lactic acid accumulated in your muscles and replace it with oxygen.
Podiatrist Irvine in Orange County, California is one of the leading specialists in treating foot trauma. They ensure you tension less service with health insurance. They are a group of trained specialists with the best surgery equipment logged in their hospital.
Some pains are not to be ignored as they can pose greater problems in later life. Your feet hold the weight of your body. So you must take good care of them.