Liposuction – a Surgical Cosmetic Procedure
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that removes fat from the human body in order to change its shape. When you can’t seem to get rid of excess fat through diet and exercise can undergo this liposuction process. A plastic or dermatologic surgeon usually does the procedure on your hips, belly, back, arms, and thigh to improve their shape.
People who undergo cosmetic weight loss procedure generally have a stable body weight but would like to remove undesirable deposits of body fat in specific parts of the body. Liposuction is not an overall weight-loss method and not a treatment for obesity.
This procedure does not remove cellulite, dimples or stretch marks but it permanently removes the fat cells, altering the shape of the body. Liposuction is often used to improve appearance, rather than providing any physical health benefits.
When a patient gains weight, each fat cell increases in size and volume. Liposuction weight management limits the number of fat cells in isolated areas. However, the patient does not lead a healthy lifestyle after the operation; there is a risk that the remaining cells will grow larger.
The areas which are commonly targeted for liposuction treatment are
- Inner knees
- The neckline and the area under the chin
- inner and outer thighs
Who can do this liposuction treatment?
Liposuction works best for the people with good skin tone and elasticity, where the skin molds itself into a new shape. The person should complete over 18 years to do this treatment.
Patients with circulation or blood flow problems such as diabetes, coronary artery disease, and less immune systems should not undergo a liposuction procedure.
The advantage of having liposuction treatment
- Helps men that suffer from gynecomastia by removing the fatty breast tissue.
- This procedure cures fat disturbance problem called lipodystrophy syndrome
- The cosmetic procedure helps in treating excessive sweating in the armpit region
- It improves a patient by improving severe imbalances and abnormalities in the body’s appearance.
- Liposuction helps to remove lipomas in certain areas of the body
- It increases the shape of your body and gives a perfect outlook
Since it is a surgery, there are many possible risks involved in undergoing this procedure.
- The treated area becomes darker that lasts for few weeks
- A Skin infection may occur after liposuction surgery
- A blood clot in a vein causes some issues
- As fluids are injected into the body, there is a change in the body fluid levels that may cause kidney problems
- Fat passes into the blood vessels and travels to the lungs, which blocks the circulation in the lungs.
- The swelling may take up to 6 months to settle and it causes inflammation
There are few risks involved with liposuction but don’t let those risks make you panic. Lipo has generally been a safe procedure when it is done by a qualified medical professional in a properly equipped surgery center or hospital.