How To Remove Under Eye Wrinkles Fast
Aging. So many people still get surprised at the sight of lines and spots on their faces that weren’t there before, neglecting the fact that everybody gets to grow them at a certain time of their lives — some earlier, some later. In a way, you need to accept that fact if you’re at that age when you are expected to show signs of aging skin. Meanwhile, never surrender your skin to aging without giving it a good fight.
Things that you do to yourself, knowingly or unknowingly, can all add damage to skin around your eyes. That includes chronically tired and dried up eyes, getting insufficient sleep most nights, poor diet, lack of exercise, and habitual rubbing and squinting. In some cases, tired, worn out looking eyes are also a sign of underlying health problems that you should sort out with your physician as soon as possible.
Just when you think it’s the end of the line for your eye skin, there’s more that can be done than you can imagine to smoothen out that eye wrinkle — fast. Start with this list of 8 solutions:
- Get your eye makeup right. There’s no other way to get visible results in just a matter of minutes than becoming so much better acquainted with your makeup. Always scrub and treat before you cover up. Stick to cream-based products, use the right brushes, and you should be able to lift that wrinkled skin up in no time.
- Get a botox or dermal filler. Before you do, make sure you know all of your other options first and that you are aware of the risks and repercussions of your actions. In the case of botox and dermal filler, you should be ready to get the same treatment done every 3 to 4 months to maintain your results. When you get either or a combination of both done now, you can literally walk out from the clinic and go straight to your party — no downtime necessary.
- Step up your skincare routine. There’s a big chance that you haven’t already shifted to an anti-aging routine. Now is the best time to do that. Or, if you think you’re in one already, maybe it’s high time you did a re-evaluation. Cleanse, tone, moisturize, exfoliate, and make sure to give your skin lots of sun protection.
Here’s a list of the ingredients you need to add in to your skincare routine:
- Step up moisturization with moisture magnets like hyaluronic acid and ubiquinone.
- The best trio that you can get are Vitamins C, E and B3 (Nicianamide) which also help revitalize your skin cells to perform repairs and regeneration mechanisms better and faster.
- These ingredients facilitate better coordination between you skin cells and can even carry messages that tell your cells what to do, such as to better synthesize your skin.
- Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids. If you have dry skin, AHA is better. Otherwise, BHA will work better for oily and acne-prone skin. These ingredients give your skin mild exfoliation with every use.
- Your aging skin needs to build more resilience to damage. Ceramides will help rebuild the surface layer of your skin.
Most anti-aging products, like Teamine, will have more than one of these. As for retinol, it’s generally reserved for skin over 40 or, you can even skip that if you can surf through aging without it.
- Schedule a skin tightening and rejuvenation session. It will normally take several treatment sessions spread out over several months to get visible results. So, if you have time to wait for your wrinkle to smoothen out and the time to make your appointments then, by all means, try this course of treatment. Most of the time, it involves radio frequency or laser or both.
- Make an appointment for a professional exfoliation. If you have fine lines around your eyes, a peel can be the answer that you are looking for. You might also want to look into microdermabrasion, or other similar treatments. For these options, expect downtime of about 2 to 5 days depending on the strength or thoroughness of the treatment you will be getting.
When your wrinkle just won’t fade anymore, remember what Kate Winslet once said,”I’m baffled that anyone might not think women get more beautiful as they get older. Confidence comes with age, and looking beautiful comes from the confidence someone has in themselves.”
Kelly Everson is an American author and MA in English literature. She is a fashion, health and beauty writer who has written numerous articles. She likes to get insights on various trends being followed in the fashion industry. She has been sharing her knowledge by being a contributor to various health, beauty, fashion and makeup related informative sites. She is also a regular contributor to The Beauty Insiders.