8 Reasons to Make Wild Gynostemma Your Daily Drink
There are many reasons why you should make wild gynostemma or what we commonly call “Jiaogulan” a part of your daily drink, and these reasons are noteworthy. Some of these reasons are scientifically-based and some are based on experiential testaments of those who regularly consume wild Gynostemma extracts, and here are some of the cogent reasons that should prod you to include this herb in your daily drink:
- First, Wild Gynostemma is considered to be the “herb of immortality.” This title of Gynostemma started to circulate around the year 1970 when some the Chinese government accidentally discovered that southwestern and southcentral China harbor an unusually huge number of centenarians. The Chinese government then tried to figure out what was the reason behind this phenomenon, and they found that this phenomenon was due to the regular intake of Jiaogulan which was abundant in those part of China. Hence, Gynostemma was readily tagged as the “herb of immortality.”
- Gynostemma contains saponins called “gypenosides.” Gypenosides give this herb its therapeutic and medicinal effects on those who regularly drink its extract.
- Gynostemma is likewise considered to be an “adaptogen.” An adaptogen is a chemical compound that enables the body to balance its various physiological functions. It helps the body maintain cellular homeostasis which is critical to the wellbeing of the body.
- The effects of Gynostemma is bi-directional. This means that it enables the body to increase the amounts of enzymes or chemical compounds within the blood serum, if these substances need to be increased in amount. It also decreases the amounts of chemical compounds or substances within the body when there is a need to lower the amount of these chemicals down.
- Gynostemma contains around 174 different saponins (gypenosides) as compared to only 28 saponins of the ginseng. This great number of saponins in Gynostemma makes it far more potent as a medicinal herb for the human body.
- Gysnostemma is known to prevent various dreaded diseases. These diseases include heart attack and any heart disease, stroke, chronic inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and many other bodily maladies. Its chemical compounds are too powerful to produce a healthy body.
- It stimulates the continuous release of nitric oxide which is responsible for preventing the buildup of plaques and damages to coronary arteries. It likewise decreases the amount of bad cholesterols in the blood serum, and thus prevents the buildup of plaques. Gynostemma also stabilizes the blood pressure level which is critical to the prevention of any heart disease or stroke. It also stabilizes the amount of sugar within the blood serum which is critical to the well-being and well-functioning of the different organs of the human body.
- Gynostemma contains very powerful antioxidants. Other antioxidants herb and fruits provide the human body with antioxidant molecules. Gynostemma however does more by stimulating the body to self-produce enough antioxidants like those of the gluthathione peroxidase, superoxide dismutase, and catalase. These chemical compounds are necessary to the health and longevity of the human body.